Monday, February 6, 2012

Don't Invite Me To Pinterest

This past Friday we were invited to a delightful little dinner party at some new friends house.  It was perfect.  There were lights strewn from the ceiling in the den, with a big table covered in butcher paper and crayons to color with.  There were different varieties of flavored popcorn, delicious pulled pork sandwiches, homemade beans and corn and sweet potato fries.  Along with tiny mason jars with different flavored cobblers for dessert.  I want to be THAT person.  THAT person that hosts dinner parties and gets all these cute little ideas and recipes off Pinterest.  I want people to leave my dinner party bragging about how cute and fun it was.  I want to be cool and hospitable like that.

Seems like everywhere I turn lately people are talking about this Pinterest business.  Look at this amazing dinner I'm preparing from Pinterest.  I made my own curtains using this tutorial on Pinterest.  Did you see how to decorate your table for Valentines off Pinterest?  No.  No, I did not see that because I am not on Pinterest.  Don't invite me to be on Pinterest either, because it ain't happening.  Before you boycott me and my little blog all together, hear me out on this one.

 Pinterest to me is like shopping at T J Maxx.  I have clients on a weekly basis that come in wearing the most adorable clothes, shoes and bags.  When I compliment them and ask them where they got those fabulous boots?  "T J Maxx, Girl, $549.00 marked down to $29.99".  "Wow, that's amazing, I should shop there more".  I'm lying.  I'll never step foot in that store.  Want to know why?  Because it's a time suck.  This momma of 3, almost 5, doesn't have time to sort through piles of crap in order to, on rare occasion, find a treasure.  I want to walk into an organized store, see something on a manaquin, grab my size, check out and jet.  I don't care that I might have paid $10 more for something, because my time is more valuable than money.  Period.

 This is how Pinterest works.  You spend hours upon hours looking at all your friends boards and searching for ideas for your child's next birthday party and every once in awhile you find a treasure.  In the mean time, you waste precious time scrolling through the junk.  Here's my proposition.  If all you Pinterest people see something that you think will change my house, recipe box, accessories or life in general, just forward it on to me.  I will gladly take a look and thank you for saving precious hours of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I would love to hear from you! The Momma hollyngreen@gmail.com