Monday, January 7, 2013

Adoption Update

Now that the holidays are over, recap of that coming, we are in full blown adoption mode.  Remember me telling you that we had to redo ALL of our paperwork?  Ugh.  It literally makes my stomach turn just thinking about it.  The first step was our homestudy update.  Our sweet social worker, Kristen, came by last week and took a look at the new house.  She is making changes on our previous paperwork as we speak.  Once we get that back, we have to request a new fingerprint appointment.  Last time this took about 2 months total.  Hopefully this time it will go a little faster.  While we are waiting on that, I will complete the rest of our paperwork for our dossier and have it ready to mail to Ethiopia!

I got our case manager from our agency on the phone last week.  I had about 30 questions for her.  She informed us that we are the only family within our agency that requested a child over the age of 2.  That means that as soon as our dossier is in Ethiopia, we will most likely get a referral of a child quickly.  That is extremely exciting and terrifying all at the same time.  We should be bringing our son home in 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I would love to hear from you! The Momma hollyngreen@gmail.com