Monday, December 19, 2011

Sprinklings of Christmas

This year I changed our Christmas decorations up a bit.  I just wanted a more homemade, kid friendly look.  I threw out half the stuff I've had in years past and started crafting.  This is my favorite picture and this Santa is huge!  I meant to get these stockings monogrammed this year, but it didn't happen.







Our 9 foot, real tree is my favorite thus far.  The paper chain took a couple of hours to make, but I love how it turned out.  All the ornaments are things the the kids have made, or simple knitted ornaments.



This is the tree in the girls room.  They love the pink!



These candle holders were the extra couple of feet of our tree, we way over estimated the height, and didn't want that $6 a foot to go to waste!  All of the pine cones around the house are cinnamon scented, which adds so much warmth.



This is our entry table.  I made the mason jar snow globes and the peace blocks came from TJ Max for only $9.99!



This Southern Living card holder has been around for several years, but I think I need a second one.  I love Christmas cards and would leave this up year round if the hubby would let me!



This calendar is one of my favorite Canton finds.  Even though one of my hooligans colored all over it, but you can't see that in the picture.  Just adds character, right?



Our kitchen table isn't my favorite of years past.  I feel like it needs a little something, but haven't figured out what that something is?



I am reusing paper from the past couple of years and just added 2 balls of yarn.



I probably won't have time to blog again between now and Christmas, so I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas with lots of memories!

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the snow globes! Love all the sprinklings of Christmas. Don't you just love the way the house is decorated around Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I would love to hear from you! The Momma hollyngreen@gmail.com