Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Craziness

Life has been crazy to say the least.  Long story short, our house has been on the market for several months.  We were hoping to sell and move to Rockwall because we basically live there anyway.  Problem was that we were very specific in what we wanted in a house.  We have lived in what I call a "cookie cutter" house for the past 7 years.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with a cookie cutter house, except that they just aren't our style.  I am one of the very few people in Texas that doesn't like open floor plans, high ceilings and zero lot lines.  We love older homes with character.  Homes that you walk in an immediately feel warm and fuzzy.

Finding that home turned out to be near impossible.  Either the ones on the market were too small for our large family, way out of our price range, needed too much work or smelled like cat pee.  We had pretty much given up on the idea of moving since school was starting, and well, we had a baby on the way.  Then a couple of weeks before Hendrix was born, a friend of mine (who has my absolute favorite historical home in downtown Rockwall) decided she wanted to sell.  We jumped on that like white on rice, found a renter for our house and moved in with my parents, all the same week that Hendrix was born.  We close on the new house at the end of the month and move in early October. 

Phew.  I'm tired just typing that.  Huge props to the Hubby for spending his "maternity leave" packing and moving everything into storage.  Tomorrow my middles start preschool so hopefully I can start my maternity leave and get a little rest!  Here's a few pictures of my little porker, just because he's so stinkin cute...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I would love to hear from you! The Momma hollyngreen@gmail.com