Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Beauty Must Haves

I have always been such a sucker for any new beauty product.  I never really cared until about 2 years ago when those tiny little lines around my eyes started appearing, and with every picture I saw of myself I felt like I looked 10 years older.  When I am pregnant I feel like crap, and I pretty much look like crap.  I don't fix my hair, gasp, I know I'm a hairstylist.  I am lazy with makeup, and I am seen on my days off in sweats.  To make myself feel better, I have a little retail therapy.  Sometimes it's clothes, sometimes it's a mani/pedi, sometimes it's new makeup.  Whatever makes me feel better that day.  Completely selfish and vain?  Yes.  Do I care what you think?  No.  I have to live with my own demons.  Anywho, here are a few of my latest and greatest beauty products that I cannot say enough good things about....

The Clarisonic Mia in Teal Blue.  I have pretty much wanted one of these since they came out a couple of years ago, but didn't know if it was worth the $ and didn't know anyone that had one.  Then my dear friend Sherry posted about how she got the Clarisonic and how much she loved it, so it gave me the push I needed.  Love, Love, Love it!  I use it every night and my face feels like butter when I'm done.  I have a good feeling it is going to make my pores disappear as well.  Wishful thinking?
Last week I posted on Facebook that I was in need of a new mascara that made me look like I had false eyelashes.  I got tons of responses and a lot of people said they loved Loreal's Voluminous, and I totally agree.  I had been using it for a couple of years and I swear they changed the formula because all of the sudden, it lost it's magic.  There were several other responses about Diorshow.  I am very hesitant to spend more than $7 on mascara, but desperate times call for desperate measures.  I had a VERY old gift card leftover from Nordstrom, so I took the plunge.  The first 3 times I used it, it didn't wow me.  I guess it had to get some air in the tube because on day 4 I was wowed!  I hope it lasts at least 6 months so I can justify buying it twice a year.  It gives you the false lash look, doesn't smear, and most importantly...doesn't flake.  Thank you Christian for your fabulous invention!





So, remember when I did my last post on my favorite things and told you about how much I loved Revlon's foundation?  Yeah, as with everything else I end up loving, they discontinued it.  This started a 2 day mad search for anything that came close.  After some research and help from my friend, Andrea, I ended up with Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation.  Definitely not even remotely in the same price range as my drugstore makeup, but I'm almost convinced it is worth the money.  It is very light and distributes easily, but has amazing coverage.  As with the mascara, it better last 8 months so I can justify the cost!


I actually got this perfume for Christmas from the hubby.  He is really good at picking out gifts for me.  He has great taste and knows me well enough to know what I like and don't.  It's really awesome having an attentive husband!  It is more of a Spring/Summer fragrance, so I just started wearing it recently.  It is light, but stays on all day.  I get compliments on it all the time, and it is relatively inexpensive.  You can find it at the store I would do all my shopping at if I were rich, Anthropologie.


One of the many pleasures that I enjoy in life is a great mani/pedi.  I wish I had more time to do this on a regular basis because it's just good for your soul...and cuticles.  In all reality, I probably only get to the nail salon twice a year.  Since I think it is a sin to walk around without polish on your toes, I do it myself on a weekly basis.  There is not a persons foot on this planet that is so pretty it doesn't need a little color on it, period.  I usually switch my polish up regularly, but I love this color so much, it just might be seen throughout the summer.  Introducing OPI Thanks a Windmillion.  Everyone should go out and buy this color tonight.  Seriously, it is fabulous.

There you have it folks.  My favorite beauty products for Spring/Summer.  Hope you enjoy them as much as I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I would love to hear from you! The Momma hollyngreen@gmail.com