Sunday, September 4, 2011

Let's Get Physical, Physical

The hubby and I had our physicals on Friday.  One little thing checked off our massive list.  Here's a little something about me.  I am kind of a hypochondriac.  There, it's out there, feels good to get that off my chest.  Actually, I've been a self professed hypochondriac since right after the jokester was born.  What is it about pregnancy that makes you act like a complete crazy person?  It seemed like the day after she was born if I had a headache, it was a brain tumor.  If I had cramps, ovarian cancer.  If I had a sore throat, definitely throat cancer.  My right side ached, definitely liver disease.  It consumed me.  Every little normal ache and pain was something huge in my head.

What is so weird about this is that I NEVER get sick.  I'm really a freak of nature.  The occasional allergies, maybe a sinus infection once a year, that random stomach bug that comes through our house, but never anything even worth taking medicine for.  (now that I said that out loud, I'm sure to come down with the flu next week)  I never forget my vitamins, drink water all day and go to the chiropractor once a week.  There's my remedy for staying healthy.  So why do I worry so much?  "Can anyone by worrying add a single hour to their life?"  Matthew 6:27

Since the birth of the bruiser I really have been much better.  Now I have 3 small kids, a job, housework, adoption paperwork, church activities, playdates etc.  I really don't have time to worry and am learning to just trust in the one who made me.  "Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you." Psalm 9:10

What do you worry about?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I would love to hear from you! The Momma hollyngreen@gmail.com