Monday, September 26, 2011

Adult Acne. Why Me?

Here is a little something about me.  I do not take medicine, nor do I give it to my kids.  I know, I'm a weirdo, but I just feel like when you are healthy it is your bodies job to naturally take care of any sickness that might come along.  I would deal with strep throat for 2 weeks before I got an antibiotic for it, and would sneeze until my eyes fell out before I'd take a claritin.  All that being said, when it comes to my face and my sudden onset of adult acne, that's a whole other story.  I would take straight up accutane and fry my liver if it got rid of the 3 pimples on my chin right now.  I would burn my face off with a prescription strength chemical peel and wait for the new skin to rejuvenate if it meant that I'd never see a blackhead again.

I never broke out in high school, but with each child, the post baby acne set in and I have been through 4 dermatologists in 4 years and hated all of them.  So today I go to see a new one because this cystic acne on my chin is about to take over my entire face and then I won't be able to go out in public.  Know what homegirl suggested?  A diuretic.  Apparently when you have hormonal break outs there is a diuretic that blocks the male hormone that your body produces too much of after pregnancy.  This in turn prevents breakouts, hair loss and facial hair.  (thank goodness for that last one because every time I look in my magnifying mirror, I want to shave my whole face)  I'm telling you right now, if this actually does all of those things, I'm pretty sure I will be taking it until I'm dead.  I'll let you know.  Cheers to flawless skin, hopefully.

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I would love to hear from you! The Momma hollyngreen@gmail.com