Thursday, November 17, 2011

Week of Thanks #2

The second most important thing I am thankful for is the Hubby.  I love this man for so many reasons.  We had only known each other for not even 2 weeks when he "proposed" to me.  It was our 5th or 6th date and we were on our way home from bowling.  (I think?)  I am way more of a dude than a girl when it comes to sentiments.  It went something like this.

Hubby-Sooo, you know you're going to marry me, right?
I just smiled and nodded.

That was it.  Our big moment.  We started planning the wedding the next day.  Even though I knew without a shadow of a doubt he was the man God wanted me to marry, I didn't know all his dirt.  We had only had 5 dates for goodness sake.  All I knew for sure was that he was a really good kisser and he gave me butterflies.  Praise the Lord, years later, I've seen all his dirt and it ain't too bad.  There has never been a moment when I second guessed my decision to marry him, and I truly love him more each day.  (and he's still a good kisser)  Here are some other reasons why I am so blessed to call him my Hubby.

1.  He always puts the toilet seat down.  Always.
2.  He hugs and kisses me the second he walks through the door each day.
3.  He notices when I am wearing something new, or styled my hair different, or am having a good eyelash day.  Then he compliments me on it.
4.  He does the dishes every night, no matter what.
5.  He would rather go out on a date with me than do anything else.
6.  He doesn't hold grudges.
7.  He doesn't lie to make me feel better about myself.
8.  He is the funniest guy I've ever met.
9.  He is the hardest worker I've ever met.
10.  He tells the girls how beautiful they are all the time.
11.  He is very affectionate.
12.  He doesn't have to tell me how great he thinks I am.  I know by the way he looks at me.
13.  He is a great dancer, but never dances in public.
14.  He looks way younger than he is.
15.  He loves Jesus.
16.  He always backs up my parenting decisions.
17.  He is a crazy talented artist.
18.  He irons Sophia's uniforms every night for school.
19.  He never complains about me having some me or girl time.
20.  He is a way better husband than I am a wife and I don't deserve him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I would love to hear from you! The Momma hollyngreen@gmail.com