Sunday, November 20, 2011

Week of Thanks #5

Today I am so thankful for a job that I absolutely love.  For those of you that don't know, I am a hairstylist.  I didn't always know that I wanted to be a hairstylist, I just knew that I didn't want to go to college (I despise studying) and I needed to do something so I didn't have to wait tables for the rest of my life.  I actually loved waiting tables, just didn't want to do it forever.  I figured that beauty school would only take a year, so if I didn't like it, I still had a lot of time to figure out what to do with my life.  Once I started, I found out that I actually had a knack for it.  It just came easily to me and was so much fun!

After beauty school I moved to Plano and worked at a very prestigious salon that specialized in color.  It was there that I learned all about color and how much the right color on a person made them look so much better.  Let's face it, when you leave the beauty salon and have great hair, it gives you a little pep in your step and a little more confidence.
Once the hubs and I got settled, I came to work at Mirror Mirror Hair Studio.  I absolutely love the atmosphere at our salon.  There isn't any girl drama.  Everyone gets along.  The salon is inviting and comfortable.  You will also always walk out with fabulous hair!

I am so blessed to be able to set my own hours, set my own pay am self employed and have the most amazing clients that I love to be around.  I can wear whatever I want to work and can call in sick without question.  I can make people feel better about themselves and have a lot of fun while doing it!  What could be a better job for a momma that wants to feel like I'm home more than I'm at work, but still look forward to going to work the few days that I do?  Thank you Lord for leading me towards this career!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I would love to hear from you! The Momma hollyngreen@gmail.com