Monday, November 21, 2011

Week of Thanks #6

Today I am thankful for my siblings, Heather and Hunter.  I was lucky enough to be the oldest of the 3, and although I am suppose to be the one they look up to, I have so much adoration for them.  I'll start with my sister since she is next in line.

When we were growing up, my sister and I never had that sweet, sister bond people talk about.  We tolerated each other at best.  I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that we could not be any different if we tried.  I remember telling my parents one year that all I wanted for Christmas was a lock on my closet door so that Heather couldn't take my clothes everyday without asking.  It wasn't until we both got married that our friendship started evolving into what it is now.  Heather is the most selfless person I know.  She is a wonderful mother to her little boys and has the patience of Job.  She is the person you call when you need support because she will always be on your side.  She is sweet and giving and she had to sign her life away on a guardianship form for our adoption saying that her and her hubby would take all of our kids if something happened to us.  She better pray each day that we live to be 100.  If we don't, she would love those babies just like her own and be the best momma they could dream of.  But let's still hope we live to be 100.

When I was at the ripe old age of 9, my baby brother came along.  My parents say he was planned, but I still don't believe them.  Either way, he has been such a blessing since birth.  Hunter is an old soul with such a sweet spirit.  He never gets mad, he rarely makes bad choices and is just a peaceful person to be around.  He loves the Lord with all his heart and is completely grounded in his faith.  That is such a rarity these days and especially with someone as young as he is.  He is the "fun uncle" and my kids adore him.  In fact, a couple of months after he moved to Austin, #1 found a t-shirt of his and kept it on all day.  She finally said that if she couldn't see Hunter, at least she could smell him.  Hunter is going to do great things with his life.  I don't always agree with the paths he takes, but they are going to lead to greatness one day.  As long as he marries someone that loves to babysit our kids, I'll be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I would love to hear from you! The Momma hollyngreen@gmail.com