Sunday, November 20, 2011

Week of Thanks #4

Today I am thankful for my parents (aka Honey & Poppy).  Bless their little hearts for putting up with me all these years.  Let's just say that I wasn't always the perfect angel that I am now.  The Hubby would insert a fake cough here.  My mom says that I was independent from birth.  Supposedly I never wanted to be held and just liked doing my own thing.  I was super bossy and always knew what was best for everyone.  I had a very sassy mouth and can still taste the Tone bar soap that was used on many occasions.

My teenage years were the best years of my parents life.  I never snuck out of the house.  I never lied.  I never pierced anything.  I never partied like a rock star or hung out with kids were less than ideal influences.  I never dated losers.  Oh wait.  I DID do all those things.  If I were my parents, I would have probably shipped me off to boarding school.  They didn't.  They patiently redirected me and I'm sure prayed for my soul 24/7.

Then there was beauty school and my first apartment.  I'm pretty sure that my mother took care of about 25 hot checks that I wrote.  Then they threw us a wonderful wedding in less than 6 months time.  After that were the 3 different occasions that the hubs and I have lived with them briefly while we were in between houses.  Then came the grandkids.

As if raising me wasn't tiring enough, they now help with our kids any time we need them without question.  We are so lucky to live just a few miles from them.  There is not a week that goes by that we don't invite ourselves over for dinner, or drop a kid or 3 over for a sleepover.  There isn't a day that goes by that our girls don't call Honey to tell her all about their day.  Then Poppy picks #1 up from school every Thursday while I work.  They would do absolutely anything for us and have shown us what it means to be a family.  We truly enjoy our time with them and appreciate everything that they do for us.  We are extremely thankful for Honey and Poppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I would love to hear from you! The Momma hollyngreen@gmail.com